Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Vacation Self

My husband and I returned from a blissful, relaxing vacation. It was a caribbean island. Warm people, cold drinks. We spent all day in the water. Ocean to pool to shower to pool. It is amazing how much you can do when you don't have to do work all day. Unbelievable. I find that I was full of energy, waking up at 6am just dying to go try something new, learn to do some dance, make some craft, meet some new person.

After three days I feel like a whole new person. I don't use profanity. (it does help that there are no jughandles here). I am relaxed person who is mellow and calm. A person who doesn't worry about work or what chaos will ensue in the office (let's face it, the chaos will surely outlast me). I am swimming and laughing and learning to sail.

I eat strange tropical fruits for breakfast and spend each early evening watching birds fly by or the sun set. We eat outside and walk barefoot on the sand. We make lots of new friends.

I want to be My Vacation Self all year long. I will make a dedicated effort to not let the grouchiness of my clients wear off on me. I will try to smile more and drink more fruity tropical drinks all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment