Sunday, August 15, 2010

Compulsive Blog Spying , Connect

New technology brings with it new ailments. Carpel tunnel syndrome is a direct result of computer overuse. I confess that due to this blog I have found a new ailment. CBS. Compulsive blog spying. Here is how you too can get this easily treatable disease. At the top of this blog is a button labled "next blog". Hit it. Once. That's it.
It will take you to a randomly selected blog somewhere in blogsplot land. I love this. The randomness, the amazing knowledge of a topic I didn't even know that I wanted to learn about. I can find recipes for asian food dishes I didn't know existed, a woman's breast cancer diary, a college student's tales from a trip to Germany, fashion tips from a crafty girl in Austrailia and baby photos from a new mom in Tenessee. There are art blogs, poetry blogs, religious blogs. The possiblities are endless and exciting. It connects me with my belief that we are all connected. We all have something to share. We are all human and despite the fact that you grew up in a hut in Jamaica or a mansion in Connecticut that there are human experiences that defy any other thing that we do not have in common.
Yesterday I was picking up some pottery in a store I hadn't been to in months and met two new friends. After an hour I was laughing, they were laughing and we were each looking at the world a whole new way. I believe that it is these small interactions that really make the grand impact. It connects us to each other and to the greater world. We all matter. We all have something worth saying. We just need to share and listen to each other. We need to dare to connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment